25 Years and counting.

25 years ago at the age of 15 I dragged home a broken down car. A 1972 Honda 600 Sedan. Two cylinder, air cooled sedan that looks alot like an old Minicooper but oh so much cooler. The last time I drove this car was the spring of 1987. I always intended to fix it up more but life happens and in my grandparents garage she sat waiting. Fast forward 25 years and it's time to finish what I started and bring her back to life.



Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Piles of Parts

I have a pile of parts that need refinishing before I move onto the body work and painting of my sedan. A tote full of parts on one side of the blast cabinet and a stack of clean parts waiting for self etching primer on the other. Here are some photos of the many parts Ive done to date.



The fan is done in VHT High temp raw Aluminium paint like the engine (pictures coming soon).



Some of the parts waiting to be blasted.



One of the things I like about blasting parts is it reveils the history of the part. Many times while I'm doing it stamped numbers and symbols appear. Its pretty cool.




I really like having a small blast cabinet to strip these parts. It would be almost impossible without it. I recommend anyone who is thinking about restoration to get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment