25 Years and counting.

25 years ago at the age of 15 I dragged home a broken down car. A 1972 Honda 600 Sedan. Two cylinder, air cooled sedan that looks alot like an old Minicooper but oh so much cooler. The last time I drove this car was the spring of 1987. I always intended to fix it up more but life happens and in my grandparents garage she sat waiting. Fast forward 25 years and it's time to finish what I started and bring her back to life.



Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Parts

I recieved a few more parts from Miles I needed. The first photo is of gas tank mounting bolts and isolation rubber grommets. Above left is a carb rebuild kit from Bruce. Thanks for the quick shipment on that!



These are grommets for the cooling shrouds on the side of the engine.



Dan pointed me to JC whitney for these almost like original Poly bushings. Notice the original bushing (black) has that big knob on it. No idea why but the new redones will work fine. The distance between the center of the bar hole and where the bushing touches the frame is a little off. I will shim this with some steel as this distance is critical for front wheel orientation. Correct steering geometry is critical.

1 comment:

  1. The tiny difference won't matter--or rather will be a drop in the bucket due to the whole "sway-bar is also the front radius/rod" thing.

    It was a clever cost saving mood, but basically they ended up using a spring to locate the wheel front-to rear, which isn't a good thing.

    Don't worry about the shim.

    ReplyDelete