25 Years and counting.

25 years ago at the age of 15 I dragged home a broken down car. A 1972 Honda 600 Sedan. Two cylinder, air cooled sedan that looks alot like an old Minicooper but oh so much cooler. The last time I drove this car was the spring of 1987. I always intended to fix it up more but life happens and in my grandparents garage she sat waiting. Fast forward 25 years and it's time to finish what I started and bring her back to life.



Monday, March 1, 2010

25 Years

Welcome to my first blog. The purpose of this blog or rant or what ever you want to call it is to chronicle the rebuild of my first car. You see back when I was 15 I bought my very first car in anticipation of getting my license. I had the bright idea that if I could get my cousin Dennis to sell me his little Honda 600 I could fix it up and be on the road and ready to take that drivers test. I struck a deal with Dennis and with he help of my grandfather and his IH Scout II we dragged my first car out of a snow bank and back to his house. that was the beginning of this journey. Well that's all it took and I was hooked. I drove the car all thru High School. It sat in my grand parents garage for 6 years when I moved to California, where I owned two others along with my friend Chris Verity. Move back and there it stayed in the garage until I was done restoring that old scout I mentioned. Years later I completely disassembled it and started a restoration. That went on hold like they often do. On and off, little things were done to it, the engine rebuild, parts blasted and painted, a new floor and roof welded in but never finished.....

Fast forward to 2010, new house a brand new garage to work in and my grandparents garage where I had it stored sadly being sold now that they are both gone. I say to my wife one day, "How about I buy this old truck and make a rat rod?"
She says" How about you finish your Honda before you start another project?"


And so it begins..............er again

No comments:

Post a Comment