25 Years and counting.

25 years ago at the age of 15 I dragged home a broken down car. A 1972 Honda 600 Sedan. Two cylinder, air cooled sedan that looks alot like an old Minicooper but oh so much cooler. The last time I drove this car was the spring of 1987. I always intended to fix it up more but life happens and in my grandparents garage she sat waiting. Fast forward 25 years and it's time to finish what I started and bring her back to life.



Monday, March 29, 2010

Engine Weekend

On Saturday I had time to go to my folks place and get the engine for the Honda. I rebuilt it years ago in their basment and its been there ever since just waiting. Here it is in the trailer waiting to be unloaded. It's attached to a bracket I made that fits a traditional engine stand. It can be rotated in two axis.



A picture of it back on the stand.



Here is the subframe all ready to recieve the engine. I built a cart for it so it can be moved around and used to help assemble it. I am painting the last of the engine mounts and brackets and hope to get the engine on the frame next weekend.



I also have the tires and wheels ready for mounting. 5 fresh wheels and 5 Kumho tires.



Next up after the engine is instaled on the frame is to mount the engine cooling fan, get a new fan belt, install the points and condensor, install the starter, rebuilt axle shafts, lower control arms etc. Plus I am still waiting to hear from Joe about my master cylinder.

No comments:

Post a Comment