25 Years and counting.

25 years ago at the age of 15 I dragged home a broken down car. A 1972 Honda 600 Sedan. Two cylinder, air cooled sedan that looks alot like an old Minicooper but oh so much cooler. The last time I drove this car was the spring of 1987. I always intended to fix it up more but life happens and in my grandparents garage she sat waiting. Fast forward 25 years and it's time to finish what I started and bring her back to life.



Monday, March 1, 2010

New Parts

Sitting at my desk Monday afternoon 35 degrees outside and raining here in Maine. But wait, a package arives. Nothing brightens your day more than when you are working on your restoration and you get parts in the mail! Last week I ordered new brake shoes and front caliper seals from Miles. Miles has been in the Honda 600 business for as long as Ive had my Honda. Great source and great guy. You can find him here www.600miles.com if you need parts advice etc.

Can't wait to see how the new shoes fit tonight. yeah I know the axle isn't even in the car but it is blasted primed and painted along with the rear leaf springs and backing plates. The shoes are the last pieces I needed to complete the rear axle. They will go great with the NOS cylinders I got many years ago from the dealer.

The calipers need some clean up before they are reassembled with the new seals, also need some caliper paint before I do so.

Cool

No comments:

Post a Comment