25 Years and counting.

25 years ago at the age of 15 I dragged home a broken down car. A 1972 Honda 600 Sedan. Two cylinder, air cooled sedan that looks alot like an old Minicooper but oh so much cooler. The last time I drove this car was the spring of 1987. I always intended to fix it up more but life happens and in my grandparents garage she sat waiting. Fast forward 25 years and it's time to finish what I started and bring her back to life.



Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Over Time

Going thru some old pictures stored on various cd's I found some of the work I did in the past on the car at various times.

Engine removal.





This is a pictue I took about 5 or 6 years ago when I rebuilt the engine. There wasn't really anything wrong with the engine, infact it only has 45k miles on it, but I really wanted to clean it up and regasket the entire thing. On teardwon I discovered a broken piston ring, but aside from that it was mostly a cosmetic rebuild.




Some parts that I had sand blasted ready for DP primer.



Shot of my car on the dolly



I have to take some updated pictures, many of the parts here have been transformed into fresh and painted waiting to go back on the painted shell. I hope to start on the shell in a few months when the weather is warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment